STREET LEGAL RULES & REGULATIONS
These are basic safety rules to be able to race at Platinum Raceway. For detailed information regarding NHRA categories and rules obtain an official NHRA Rule Book. For more information about Platinum Raceway regulations contact us at (318) 252-4448 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All sales are final. NO refunds. Platinum Raceway is not responsible for ANY lost or stolen tickets.
Elapsed time requirements are for quarter mile times. Some may include eighth mile equivalent times in parentheses. Rules are subject to change.
- – A valid state driver’s license is required for all drivers.
- -All drivers are required to wear long pants, a shirt with sleeves (no tank tops), and closed toe shoes (no sandals).
- -Helmet snell 2010 rating recommended, mandatory with sun/moon roof, convertible, or T-tops, 11.99 and faster. Full face required at 9.99 and faster.
- -All vehicles are required to have at least one functional taillight that is not a brake light and on during a pass at night.
- -Drivers in cars running 11.99 (7.59) seconds or quicker, and all dune buggy type vehicles running 14.00 (8.60) and slower are required to wear a helmet meeting SNELL 2010 or SFI 31.1, 31.2, 41.1, or 41.2 Specs
- -Drivers running 10.00 (6.40) to 11.49 (7.35) with Nitrous must wear a jacket meeting SFI Spec 3.3/1.
- -Drivers running 9.99 (6.39) to 7.50 (4.50) or any vehicle exceeding 135 mph are required to wear a jacket and pants meeting SFI Spec 3.2A/5 and gloves meeting SFI Spec 3.3/1.
- -A valid NHRA Competition license is required for any vehicle running 9.99 (6.39) or quicker.
- -All motorcycle riders are required to wear a full-face helmet meeting above Specs, leather jacket, leather boots/shoes above the ankle, and leather gloves. Full all leathers or SFI Spec 40.1/2 suit is mandatory on all motorcycles running 120 mph or faster.
- -A seat belt is mandatory in all cars. A three-inch driver restraint system meeting SFI Spec 16.1 is mandatory in all cars running 11.49 (7.35) or quicker, and in convertibles running 13.49 (8.25) or quicker and all dune buggy type vehicles.
- -A roll bar is required on all cars running 11.00 (7.00) to 11.49 (7.35) and in convertibles running 11.00 to 13.49 and in all dune buggy type vehicles running 12.00 and slower. See the NHRA Rule Book for more detailed information.
- -A roll cage is mandatory in all cars running 10.99 (6.99) and quicker or any car exceeding 135 mph. See NHRA Rule Book for more information.
- -A driveshaft loop is required on all cars running slick tires, except vehicles running 13.00 and slower equipped with street tires.
- -Snell 2010 helmet
- -Leather jacket or riding jacket
- -Long pants
- -Shoes covering the ankle
- -Leather gloves or Riding gloves with slide buttons
- -Leather pants at 120.00 MPH in either the Eighth mile or the Quarter mile
- -Ignition cutoff lanyard required at 10.99 (7.00) and faster
- -Chain Guard
Participating drivers and crewmembers are not permitted to consume alcoholic beverages while the Participant is still racing. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in RESTRICTED AREAS!
All burn outs must be within the designated areas only and using water only. Crewmembers are NOT permitted to hold or touch the vehicle during the burn out.
DISQUALIFICATION FOR THE EVENT
All standard disqualification rulings and guidelines of event operations, as covered in the 2018 NHRA Rule Book, will be utilized while conducting all Platinum Raceway drag racing events. Additional rules involving possible disqualification may be imposed at the absolute discretion of the Track Officials. Penalty for cheating: Track Discretion. Penalty depends on severity of infraction. Decision will be made by Track Manager and/or Race Director.
DISQUALIFICATION FOR THE SEASON
Any racer in possession of illegal equipment in their car (first offense) will be permanently disqualified from the Points Program for the racing season.
FIREARMS / GLASS CONTAINERS
NO firearms or glass containers are ever permitted inside Platinum Raceway. Violation of this provision WILL RESULT IN REMOVAL FROM THE PARK AND POSSIBLE ARREST.
PIT VEHICLES, ATVS, SCOOTERS AND BICYCLES
NO roller blades, skates or skateboards allowed at any Platinum Raceway event.
In the event of a malfunction of the timing system, the competitors involved will make a rerun of the race.
Competitors and Crewmembers may enter portions of the Restricted Areas only while wearing the proper wristband. Wristbands are given after the proper waiver is signed at the Pit Booth or Tech Station. Restricted Areas include the Staging Lanes, Starting Line, Race Track, Return Road, Short Shoot, and other areas marked as Restricted.
SPECTATOR / CREW REFUNDS
Should an activity cause the race to be cancelled prior to completion of First Round, you will be entitled to 100% credit for a future event
STARTING LINE AREA
Crew member’s access to the Starting Line area will be based on the type of event and type of racing. The number of crew members allowed on Starting line will be determined by track official. Crew member must stay in designated areas.
TRANS BRAKE TESTING
There will be no testing of Trans Brakes anywhere including the Pits, Staging Lanes or in the tunnel
Any time the vehicle is running, whether the vehicle is parked on the pavement or on jack stands, the licensed driver MUST REMAIN IN THE VEHICLE. Vehicles may be warmed up in the pits, 10 miles per hour speed limit MUST be observed.